Republished from Department of Health & Human Services Victoria – Information for the public – novel coronavirus.
Have you been to China or other countries that pose a risk of COVID-19 transmission in the last 14 days?
- stay home (self-isolate)
- avoid public settings.
Do this for 14 days after leaving Hubei Province (other than when seeking medical care).
If you have been in close contact with someone who has Novel Coronavirus
- stay at home
- avoid public settings for 14 days after you last came in to contact with them.
If you have a fever, or cough, sore throat or have trouble breathing
- seek medical treatment immediately.
If you need medical treatment
- call before you go and let us know if you have recently been in Hubei province, China.
If you are concerned, call the Department of Health and Human Services
Coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398
Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
Find out more: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/information-public-novel-coronavirus
For Victorian updates to the current incident, go to: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/
For national updates: https://www.health.gov.au/news/latest-information-about-novel-coronavirus
For international updates: https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/novel-coronavirus
WHO resources https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
What should you do?
- wash your hands regularly with soap and water
- cover your coughs and sneezes.