It is the policy of this practice to respect every patient’s privacy and maintain security of personal health information at all times and to ensure that this information is only available to authorised staff members. The practice adheres to the Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988) that incorporates the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (2014).
Kings Park Medical Centre collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be pro-active in your health care needs. We may use the information you provide, in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports returned to us following the referrals.
- Disclosure to other doctors, allied health workers and nurses who may work in the practice, including Locums and Accreditation Surveyors, for the purpose of patient care, teaching and accreditation.
- Disclosures for quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management. This information will be de-identified.