GP Registrar Information
Kings Park Medical Centre is a doctor owned practice in Melbourne’s West, in the peaceful suburb of Hillside.
Our spacious new location offers fully equipped suites suitable for general practice, has ample parking space and a luxurious Japanese garden that offers a relaxing atmosphere.
We have a vibrant and supportive work culture and fantastic reception staff and management who are always willing to help out and answer your enquiries.
Reasons to join our practice:
- The learning opportunities we provide registrars include onsite educational seminars by specialists and invited experts and customized sessions with at least 8 different allied health professionals of different fields who are part of the practice
- KPMC is a busy clinic, a registrar can see more than 4 patients per hour, however, the registrar has the flexibility to determine the numbers per hour (e.g. 3 bookings per hour and allocate any extra time for emergencies, walk-ins or catch up on clinical notes, etc)
- Registrars enjoy protected teaching times with supervisors – including clinical and administrative support staff
- Our teaching style is adapted to each registrar‘s needs because we are dedicated to the education of registrars and medical students.
- Feedback is both encouraged and observed without prejudice or judgement
- We have a collaborative environment between our team of healthcare professionals onsite: – practice nurses, pharmacists, psychologist, podiatrist, dietician, exercise physiologist, occupational therapist, acupuncturist, osteopath, dentists and pathology collector.
- We provide up to date preventative and proactive care for chronic disease management.
- We are dedicated to professional development for both clinical and administrative staff
- We have an expansive patient base allowing exposure to a broad demographic profile.
- Our welcoming, supportive, friendly and approachable supervisors and staff are always willing to help and are second to none.
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
We offer flexible roster times to suit both registrar’s and practice needs
- 38 Hours per week – working alongside a supervisor
- We engage an after-hours locum service for after-hours calls.
- Bulk billing
- Online booking available through Health Engine
- We use Medical Director and PracSoft as our practice software
Current GP Supervisor:
Dr Adrian Castro (GP Supervisor)
Dr Castro established Kings Park Medical Centre in 2007. He has been working in general practice for over 25 years. He has a special interest in Men’s, Women’s and Children’s health. He is an accredited GP training supervisor for Medical Students and GP Registrars. He is also a fellow and an Examiner for the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
He enjoys teaching and giving back to the profession and knows the importance of mentoring in general practice.
Dr Castro loves gardening, taking walks and plays both the guitar and piano to relax and unwind.
Dr Sira Tagerd (GP Supervisor)
Dr Sira has been training medical students since 2009 and had attended several training seminars for professional development. She finds satisfaction in being able to impart her knowledge to those training in the medical field.
Dr Sira took a sabbatical in 2012 to work in China at the Beijing United International Family Hospital and Clinic. She enjoys travelling and is fluent in Thai and Mandarin.
Other Services and Support:
Agnes and Diana, our experienced Registered Nurses, are always available to assist you. We also have our team of Allied Health services on site: Pharmacist Daniel and Peter , Psychologist Kenan , Dietician Leeanne & Marie, Podiatrists Gerard, Stephanie and Peter , Exercise physiologist Sebastian , Occupational therapist& acupuncturist Arun , Osteopath Romeo and Dentists Dr Nida Cartas , Dr Mimi Huynh and Dr Amir Kiaee.
Kings Park Medical Centre also assists in training final year medical students from University of Melbourne and we are constantly striving for excellence in medical service as we are committed to training the next generation of general practitioners.
We are an accredited Life! Provider for Diabetes Australia (Vic) and an active participant of the Australian Primary Care Collaborative. We provide improved preventative healthcare through Australian Primary Care Collaborative – for diabetes, cardiovascular disease and chronic kidney disease
Kings Park Medical Centre is an outer metro practice and has been allocated two Training Obligation points by GP Training Organisation.