Are you interested in shared maternity care?
Kings Park Medical Centre now offers Shared Maternity Care for women. This gives women the option to be seen by our accredited GP throughout their pregnancy. Our trained and accredited GP is able to undertake shared maternity care for women with Mercy Hospital for Women, The Royal Women’s Hospital, Western Health (Sunshine Hospital) and Northern Health. The GP, together with the hospital will work closely to give the best care to women all throughout their pregnancy.
Why Shared Care?
- Together with the hospital, we will “share your care” and you will have your baby at the hospital
- You see us for most of your visits. This means you see someone close to your home/work who knows you and your family.
- You have fewer hospital visits during your pregnancy.
- You can avoid the high-risk environment of a hospital during the current pandemic while still getting high quality antenatal care.
- You can build relationship with us and continue to see us after the birth of your baby.
- You can still access shared maternity care in this practice if your usual GP does not provide shared maternity care.
- It is bulk billed.
- You may stop shared maternity care at any time if you wish.