Alert: Flu Season is Coming Soon!
The Flu can strike anyone at any time, however is more common between April to October here in Australia, with peak season from June to September.
The best way to combat the severity of the FLU VIRUS and help to stop it spreading to your children, parents, school buddies, colleagues, and anyone you come in contact with is to:
- Get vaccinated against the flu every year
- Wash hands thoroughly with running water and soap
- Cover your mouth and nose when you are coughing or sneezing (wash hands after!)
- Throw your dirty tissues into the bin after use (and wash hands again!)
- Avoid sharing food, utensils, cups, towels etc with others
- Keep surfaces clean with use of a disinfectant ie: benches, desks, keyboards
SYMPTOMS OF FLU can include:
- Cough or sore throat
- Runny nose or sneezing
- Headache & Muscle aches
- Fevers & Chills
- Vomiting & Diarrhoea
A cold can have similar symptoms to the Flu, but it is not the same thing. Flu can be mild or severe enough to require going to the hospital. If you think you may have the flu, see a GP and please let reception know you think you may have the Flu. Postpone seeing young children or the elderly until you see the GP.
FLU VACCINE AVAILABLE FROM MID-APRIL AT KPMC-HILLSIDE
We offer FREE flu vaccines for:
- People aged 65 years and over
- Pregnant women
- Those who suffer chronic conditions (ie Diabetes, Severe Asthma, Heart Disease etc)
- Children aged 6 months to 5 years.
- ALL Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders from 6 months of age
And for a small fee, others can also be vaccinated. The vaccine’s maximum protection is in the first 3-4 months, so the best time to have the vaccine is from May/June.
So please book an appointment either online or by calling the clinic on 9217 9400, to see any of our ten General Practitioners and help stop the spread of this nasty bug!